Wise & Young

Friday, October 20, 2006

Adam4Adam redux

Me and this website have a history together, I remember when I was on it as early as 2003, and the most at any time for people logged on was 400. Then after a while it grew, not only in numbers but the type of people that were on the website, whereas before when out of 20 people they had about three or four that had explicit photos, but as the site grew it changed from being like a gay Blackplanet to more of a cruise and hook up spot. Now recently after not being on the site for little over a year and a half I created a new account. The website is Adam4adam.com, now when I have logged in there are at least 1100 people logged in at any time, and there are more explicit photos than not. But that was not my rationale for joining the site again, I have started to travel a lot more, and I want to meet people in other areas outside of DC (Dirty City), and A4A provides a means to do so. So this time unlike in the past, I’m taking the site, and the folks on the site for what they are, pure entertainment. Two years ago, I was talking to a guy I knew about the site, and just internet sites in general, he told me something that I never thought of, that guys are living a life on the site that they are not in reality. Which once I thought about it, made sense, because that would explain so many headless shots, so many guys who write I’m looking for friends but specify that they only want friends who do this, or that in bed, and why there were so many obviously fake profiles. I mean who thinks that if you have a 40 inch waist that you’re anyplace near muscular, or bodybuilder build. Or a photo attached to a profile with stats that clearly do not match.
But to each his own, since my profile has no words, no sexual positions, and does not specify as to what I am there for. So it is interesting to see who contacts me and how they come across. So far most of the guys have been surprisingly demure and no where near as brash as they used to be. What I still don’t understand is how in the DC metro area there are at least 1000 people logged in at any point of time. I mean that just seems extremely high. To each his own, so I can’t judge.
What comes out of all of this will be interesting to see, one of my friends has and continuously finds boyfriends, but other ones I know are not in contact with any of the guys they met from any website. Again, it will be interesting.

Just my thoughts

6 Comments:

  • You'll have to keep us posted on your a4a meets and greets - They can get very interesting at times.

    By Blogger TheBlacks, at 11:09 PM  

  • Good luck with that... be safe... those brothas can be CRAZY!!!!

    By Anonymous kennyking78, at 7:03 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger dninc, at 5:46 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger dninc, at 5:46 AM  

  • A4A though as every calls it is just the same old trashy people. A friend of mine referred me to www.ErotasOnline.com and I like it a lot. It's new and growing but offers more features than any site I've been on such as blogs, forums, chat, instant messenger, etc.

    Anyway, as always, stay safe!

    By Anonymous Brian, at 5:50 PM  

  • thats cool!i agree with u guys,this site is the best,i like it,but rememeber always stay safe!!!cheerssss

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home