Wise & Young

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

5 year plan

Five year plans Current mood: hopeful

Those who know me know that I am always w/ a plan. Ever since I was about five or six years old, I have always been with one. Until recently, ever since I graduated from college have not put one together. For one reason or another I haven't had one, and without I've felt adrift in a sea of confusion. Yes dramatic I know but you get the idea. With that in mind, today at lunch I created a five year plan. Here it is so far. The first thing is to study for the LSAT and the GRE and to take them both during the fall, perferably in December. Then re-apply to Howard's Law School, simulatenously apply to George Mason's School of Public Policy, and Public Adminstration. Then when I get the results back, if I get accepted to all three great, I'll crip walk and declare that 2004 has all been worth it. Then look and talk to various people who have been in my situation, and see what they say, and make my decision. If I get into both programs at GMU then I'll decide between the two programs. Now, if I dont' get into any of the programs, then I'll cry. Then I'll just do the Peace Corps for a leave date that would concide w/ the end of your lease. If I get into HU only, then I'll go to HU law school with Peace Corps. After the Peace Corps Apply to USAID's International Development Intern program. Apply to USAID's New Professional Program. Apply the World's Banks various programs. Apply to Chemonics. Apply to try to get a job at Africare as a consultant, or program manager. Try to do more relief work for another year, through Crisis Corps. Get a job as an LC or LA on the Hill. As you can see, its all about getting into my field and going to Peace Corps, getting experience and getting into my field. So now I feel complete. I'm definitely on my GRIND!!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home