Wise & Young

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Garden




STEP ONE:
When I first bought my house, I was excited because for the first time in pretty much 4 or more years, I would be able to garden, which is one my hobbies. I knew the backyard had never, ever been really taken care of, so I put down plastic sheets to help kill the weeds. I hadn't planned on encountering these BeBe Kid weeds, that didn't die but multiplied. As you can them poking out of the plastic.

STEP TWO:
I then cleared all the weeds, leveled the ground, bought bags of top soil, soil conditioner, ground fertilizer, and mulch. After infusing all these products I had finally a nice start. You can still see some weeds, grass and etc there.

STEP THREE:
That same night, you can tell by the darkness, with the help of two neighborhood kids who wanted to help, I planted 4 different types of tomatoes, two strawberry plants, and on the other side thyme, basil, rosemary and mint.
STEP FOUR:
After watering, getting the plants Miracle Grow you can see the sage, thyme, rosemary, cilantro, and other plants growing.
STEP FOUR CONTINUED:
On the other side of the walkway, you see cayenne plants, trini pepper plants, bell pepper plants, tomatoes, strawberries.
STEP FIVE:
My first harvest three ripe strawberries I grew.

As my garden grows except to see more photos....

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • That was such a good pictorial diary. Good luck with the garden. Don't you just love projects around the house?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:33 PM  

  • u really made real strawberries " appear from the ground ? "

    I am absolutely not joking, i just never understood how things grow lol

    Nothing i ever planted actually came out of the damn ground

    COngrats man

    By Blogger Soldier, at 3:51 AM  

  • Call me when the harvest is enough for our daquiris! LOL

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home