Wise & Young

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This ain't right.

Man, when it rains it pours, and this weekend was a definite downpour. First thanks to KaraMale77 for hooking me up with a personal trainer. So on friday I had my first personal training session with my personal trainer who up until that point we have only talked on phone sight unseen. Man, let me tell you...this brotha is definetly about the business, he had me doing chest exercises with really light weight, and man I was struggling. I felt like Rev. Run's wife on that episode of Run's House where she gets a personal trainer and after doing some excerises, she says "this ain't right". I know where she is coming from my personal trainer, PT, had me saying the same thing. So I we scheduled a tentative workout date of Sunday at 11 am. So that was the start of MLK weekend. The next day I had dinner and a movie w/ this ex-Marine I met last year. We chilled and had a great time. Then around 4 am Sunday Morning I woke up shaking, hot, and body aches. Yeah, I caught the flu, so Sunday was pretty much me trying to fight the flu, and until one of my friends gave me some DayQuil, and NyQuil, the flu was beating my ass like white boy in a Mike Tyson fight. So I called up PT and had to cancel, I could tell he was somewhat perturbed, as he should have been considering I was cancelling hours before we were suppossed to meet. But me working out was not happenin' at all. I then spent the rest of the day drinking water, running to the bathroom, and taking medicine. Then on MLK I'm feeling somewhat better but still under the weather, but now I have a serious case of the runs like you wouldn't believe. Not to be too graphic but on friday before I worked out I weight myself at 210 and just a few minutes ago I weighed myself again and I'm 200. Then I got a call from one of my friends, Sanga, he called up sounding very solemn and official, stated the following "Hey, I'm calling and letting everyone know that, oh wow....it's stil weird even saying it (long pause), my Mother died 2 days ago".

All I could say is "Oh my God, do you know how it happenned?" He didn't want to talk about it so I just let him know that if he ever needed anything I'm here for him and I love him. He then asked me was I okay, of course I lied, I mean anything I could have said would have seemed petty.

So right now I'm still running to and from the bathroom and whatnot...I thought I'd be able to go back to work tomorrow but I don't know.....

2 Comments:

  • Well personally I'm glad you are still in the land of the living and although I could not personally come over and bring you meds (I had company till late) I'm glad your doing better.

    By Blogger Ms.Honey, at 9:16 AM  

  • feel betta.

    By Blogger ClayStarr, at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home