Wise & Young

Monday, October 16, 2006

Who's the gay rapper?!?!?!?!!?!??!

A few years back I heard noise about this openly gay rapper, I first I thought it was gimmick then I saw a documentary about him, and his name was Caushan. I also heard that the boy was supposed to have skills, and that some radio DJ in New York were backing him, Starr and Buckwild. Then one of my boys told me that he supposedly had heard his song that was take on Biggie’s single, the name escapes me, which he took the song and discussed how he’d like to fuck some of his favorite rap stars. I never heard it, not even in a gay club so I don’t know how well he interpreted BIG’s song. But to me it brings up a really good point, how come you don’t have any gay rap stars at least on the underground, I mean various cities have their own underground scene, and they will play an up and coming artist in their club, but not for gay clubs.

Someone told me about a group called the Deep Dick Collective, but I never heard of them, but from what I gathered, which I could be wrong they were maybe a little too intellectual for the rap scene in general, a little too heavy on the gay and not enough on the rap. Then of course you heard the allegations thrown at every female rapper who isn’t jumping around praising the money cars and riches her pussy got here about how they must be real gay, and always butch too. But there are way too many gay men who grew up on rap and hip-hop for some of the artists out now not to be. I mean I want to hear some gay rap songs, that you wouldn’t really know they were gay except for the pronouns, I want the production to be on the same level as other up and coming artists, for the creativity to be there, and the lyrics to be banging. But since I can’t find anyone, who is doing this, I’ve decided to write, produce, and rap my own gay themed mixtape. The sole goal of this really isn’t to become famous, but to hear good music at the gay clubs when I go, I mean Beyonce, Rihanna, Busta, and et al, all have hot songs, but on some level they don’t speak to me, and since no one else is speaking to me, I guess I will have to raise my own voice. I’ve told my friends about my idea, and they think I’m joking and they think I’m crazy, which means I’m on the right track. I have been writing lyrics and after that, I have to um shop for some beats, and book some studio time, get it pressed up, and talk to some gay DJ’s and see if they’re willing to play it at just to see if folks will fuck with it.

Maybe someone else is already doing this but I don’t know, but I’m definitely going to have to done in time for my 25th, I’ve read my lyrics to some of my friends, and they like them, so it’ll be cool to see kids grinding to my joints!

Just my thoughts

3 Comments:

  • Well, all right!!! Do you!

    It would be interesting to see where this goes... My assumption is that it has not been done yet because the hip-hop world is so openly anti-gay... unfortunate but true...

    I would like to hear your lyrics...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 AM  

  • New Orleans has loads of openly gay rappers

    Katey Red, Big Freda and Sissy nobbey are the two popular ones, Katey red usually dresses like a female tho. and everything they rap about is gay. but they make the music for girls anyway.

    look up "New Orleans Bounce Music"

    I got a feed from ur blog in my email pertaining to HBCU's
    (im not gay i'm just a blog reader of black folk blogs)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 PM  

  • ^^ that was me my bad

    yeah but in N.O all of that music is popular.

    you might wanna check out Youtube, Put in "New Orleans Bounce" they got a lot of But shaking videoes hah!

    By Blogger Book, at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home