Wise & Young

Monday, May 07, 2007

A letter to my father

So yea, my father told me that he's taking his wife to paris to seek out medical treatment for her. But I have a brother who is his child as well, who is mentally and physically disabled and he has not once paid for any of the medical nor tried to help more than the occasional how is he? So it struck a nerve I wrote this email to him.

Now hold up, how can you take care of your spouse over your child? How can you tell me that you are taking your wife to another country to get the best medical coverage for her, but you won’t, haven’t, nor cared enough to do that for My little brother. How dare you ever say anything like that to me, it was as if someone had smacked and spat in my face with that remark. You will never know the sacrifices that my mother and I had to make just to keep My little brother ALIVE. Do you know what its like to have to give your child or your brother CPR to keep him alive? Or to call the emergency phone number so many times that the paramedics know you by name. To spend every major holiday in the hospital to sit by your brother’s side as tubes and medicine were pumped into his small body. Do you know what its like to suction mucus out of your brother’s throat just so that he can breathe? No you don’t I do, I had to take on the role of being my own father and being a father to My little brother as well, you will not know what we did nor do you care honestly because your actions speak louder than words. But hopefully you are not lying about your wife being sick I hope she has a speedy recovery.
I can’t go through this anymore, I won’t do it too much for me to keep going through this emotional rollercoaster I cancel my subscriptions to your issues. I’m glad on some level that My little brother is the way he is, so that he will not have to realize that the man he looks so much like is his father who does not care about his well-being. I don’t know what has happened in your life but in order for me to be safe I can’t keep going through this with you. This is not about the money at all, but about what the money represented, it represented to me that you cared about My little brother and I. So I was holding out some hope that you would do what you said but deep down, I realized that it was never going to happen. But you being my father, and I being your son I secretly wishing that you would come through. But as my 25th birthday came and went I realized this was just another time, like with the car, with paying college, getting me a computer and a host of other broken promises that you have continually created. A part of wishes that I never took the money that you sent because I feel like that money came with obligations and gave me false hope that I am dealing with now.
After you lied to me that you have children, I came to realize that you’re capable of anything. So I don’t know if your home needs to be rebuilt or if your wife is ill. Because you lied about children to your own child I know you are capable of anything. With all this being said put yourself in my position, would you still want to talk to someone like you? In fact I’ll make an analogy for you. If you had a business partner that promised to do things and never came through but gave money to further advance a project when they felt like it, lied to you about when the work would be completed, would you still work with them or would to sever relationships with them? I already know the answer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I've said before Niggas ain't shit....

3 Comments:

  • Damn, thats a tough situation for real...dont even know what to say honestly man..

    By Blogger BMass, at 8:49 PM  

  • I am sorry to hear this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 PM  

  • I have a similar situation with my older sister... choosing a low-life philandering man over her family. I was hurt, angry and was at the verge of doing damage, when the fog cleared. We're not required to be friends to our family and sometimes you have to let go. I'm moving on - literally even - and don't intend to maintain much (if any) contact. If/when they realize the error of their ways they'll come around, otherwise it's pointless to keep allowing them the opportunity to add stress to my life.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home