Wise & Young

Monday, October 23, 2006

Don't Mess with Texas




Friday I get a phone call from my job asking me what am I working on, so of course I tell them. Then a higher up at the company asks “Do you have any issues going to San Antonio?” Well to make a long story short the month of October that was supposed to be very laid back and boring, now not only am I traveling to San Antonio, but also Upstate New York, Southern VA, and Augusta, Georgia. There is only one week the week of the 23rd where I will be home for a full week, every other week I’m going to be traveling Monday to Friday, flying back home on Friday leaving again on Monday.



So I’m in San Antonio Texas, have you ever seen one of those movies that show Texas as this hot sunny somewhat desolate place? They were describing San Antonio, there is a stillness in the air, and short of the birds there isn’t too much activity from anyone. There are a lot of people of Mexican decent here, which isn’t a big surprise. But what was at least to me, is so far in 3 days I have seen a total of 10 black people in the city of San Antonio. Yesterday I went to their Riverwalk yesterday and it was cool a lot of restaurants and tourist friendly areas. One thing I have to say is that San Antonio has some great food! Yesterday I had great BBQ, and the day before some amazingly good Mexican Food. FYI don’t mess with Mexican Food if you have to drive, Mexican food gives me the ‘itis.


I got a phone call from this guy I met who was really cool, but I haven’t heard from him in a month. When he called me he told me he was okay, which was good, but he broke up with his boyfriend of two years. Basically he found out his boyfriend was trying to get back with his X, and actively seeking sex online from various website. I am not going to get into the nitty gritty, but after all this was said and done, my boy found out that this guy was pretty much a slut, he had approx 500 sex partners. My jaw was on the ground, and I just kept thinking that this guy had to have some serious sexual trauma happen to him on a continual basis. Man that’s a lot of fucking.

What’s interesting to me is that I was talking to my aforementioned boy, and he was telling me how some of his friends that where Khans how’d they steal money from corporations. What they would do, is that someone in that house would get the first a job let’s say at Coke-Cola, and after getting a paycheck they would take that check and take it to a computer where they had check writing and imaging software. Take that check and every few weeks print out a copy of the check, that they made. So I asked how come they don’t get caught, and he then informed me that they would write the check of amounts under the authorization level so unless there was audit these kids would not get caught. When he told me this, I was surprised that people would do this, just go and show face at a ball and hopefully win competitions.
As things develop I will definitely keep you all abreast.

2 Comments:

  • Damn! I hope you get some flyer miles for all this travelin you're doin'! LOL

    By Blogger LoLo B, at 8:40 PM  

  • you're not going to San Antonio for HR work, are you? Just because my company is moving our HR down there and a lot of people have to transfer down there [or resign]...

    By Blogger Waddie G., at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home