Wise & Young

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Big Headed Bloggers

Bigheaded Bloggers

We all are entitled to our own 15 minutes of fame, unfortunately most people don’t realize this and overextend their welcome. Look at all these reality TV stars, those bamas haven’t done a damn thing noteworthy or even respectable enough that should be remembered after sweeps week. But in our celebrity obsessed culture where it seems that everyone is trying to become famous for one reason or another, the internet is no exception. Especially bloggers, I will hand it to some there are more than a few noteworthy blogs that deserve attention not only for their layout, but also for their content the frequency of their postings, especially compared to this one. But for the most part, most blogs are good, interesting at times but overall a great diversion from work, school, or anything more productive.

But don’t tell some bloggers this, they swear the world is waiting with baited breath for their latest entry. Then some and this is what really gets me, when you make a comment about their blog, they have the nerve to hit you back with a cunty ass response. You know the type, responses that you can see them rolling their eyes in the back of the skull, and swiveling their neck around while typing the response, because its that bitchy. Perfect example, I commented on this guys site about something or another, I can even remember, and he responds back saying that I must not have read the full blog entry, because if so if I would have seen where he was coming from. Which I then replied saying that I did read it, and in fact if they would have read my comment, they would have realized that I was agreeing with them, and merely added a caveat to it. Part of me wanted to let the inner Ne-Ne ( the black ghetto girl that resides in me with a razor blade in her mouth, baby powda on her neck, and a jar of Vaseline in her pocketbook just in case she gots to scrap) and let her handle it, because she don’t take no SHIT. But I said no, that person isn’t worth it.

But what’s interesting is that a lot of bloggers are bigheaded about their blog, and take this so seriously some even act like it’s a gay gang. I’m like hey do what you do, but realize that blogging is not reality, when you stand behind a computer screen and type, that’s cool but don’t let this, or any one thing that is so temporal define who you are. I’m sure you have more to you than just this, if not go out in the real world and live. Carpe Diem!

Just my thoughts

3 Comments:

  • Where the heck have you been?! I've been waiting with baited breath!! LOL
    ...for real pa, I've been doin' the blog shyt for ovah a year now and the truth is I began it to get my daily e-mails to my friends off the corporate servers, not to enlighten the world. Since joining blog-topia, I've realized that yes, some folks are cool, some are wise and some are dumb asses who happen to have gotten their tax return and put a down payment on a $499. Dell Desk top. Let's keep it real. Maybe we should start some blog parties where we have to show up in person. Wear a t-shirt that tells us your blog name, so we can just walk up to each other and say, "Hey bitch, you step out of line one mo' time and I'm knockin' thanksgivin' greens outcha small intestine..." or some other sweet greeting. LOL Stay up... virtual slap downs are lame and queens who spend too much time with their fat asses posting rebuttals need to invest 1/25 of that time at the local gym. Squats anyone?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:18 PM  

  • You bring up some very interesting points here. I think of blogging as more of an outlet. It's another place for me to release whatever I'm thinking or feeling. If people read it and like it, cool. If they read it and don't like it, that's cool too. I realize that people are not always going to care about my posts or agree with with what I have to say. I'm more interested in learning new things and being exposed to different perspectives and opinions. But this bigheadedness and this obsession with blogging also highlights the impact technology and more so social networking/social computing has on our lives. We have to begin to wonder whether we're living too much of our lives behind the computer instead of out in the real world. As much as love to read blogs, I'd rather be out doing something in the real world with real people. I don't care how advanced we get, interacting with people through the computer will never replace the experience of interacting with people on a one-to-one or many-to-many basis.

    By Blogger BuddahDesmond, at 9:33 PM  

  • Amen!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home