Wise & Young

Monday, October 30, 2006

20 questions

20 questions

Where are all the real singers at for this generation, I mean damn we don’t have any up and coming Luther Vandross, Patti Labelle, Shirley Caesar, you know folks who can SANG with undeniable talent, where are y’all?

Why in DC the black gay clubs are dwindling away, now its gay night at certain clubs, but with the large homosexual population in the DC metro area you can’t tell me there aren’t enough to have at least two clubs exclusively catering towards black gays every night of the week, yes the Delta is still around but that’s only Saturday, Fireplace and the Mill are bars so they don’t count.

Since I am on my traveling shtick now, um…how can I carve time out to work out?

How come all my friends have moved/ or moving away, is God trying to tell me sumthin?

Why is that Negroes can be the most ingenious folks when they are trying’ to pimp the system but act like they too lazy to work a job.

When am I going to be able to get my haircut?!?!?!?!?

Why have I been celibate for five months, and I’m not pressed to start back with anyone?

When was the last time you ever seen two Jamaican people together, romantically, in the US?

Why when you call and leave two messages on someone’s phone, why they got the nerve to hit you up online talking about they got your messages, and they going to hit you up? Just call damn, why you got to email me that you’re going to call?

Why are there like no black people in San Antonio?

If God made dirt, so dirt won’t not hurt…then who made pain?

Why now that I’m working out and put a photo of my back on facebook why am I all of a sudden getting friend requests…Negroes I tell ya…LOL

So I used to work out a Bally’s on L ST in the morning, and there were these guys I nicknamed the swole twins, why did I find out that the tall one is like 35 and gay?

But why do I still have crush on the shorter of the two, and why am I hoping that one day we’ll meet up and he’ll like me?

Why am I so bad at flirting?

Why 35 and up negroes are the ones who I’m most attracted to (with the except of the short swole twin)?

Why people think I’m mean, quiet, lonely, or arrogant when I first meet them, but after 5-10 minutes they then think I’m nice, amiable, great personality and a comedian?

So why I have slacked off my on making my mix tape?

Why am I ready to be famous…better yet infamous?

Are you ready for me?

3 Comments:

  • Where are all the real singers at for this generation, I mean damn we don’t have any up and coming Luther Vandross, Patti Labelle, Shirley Caesar, you know folks who can SANG with undeniable talent, where are y’all?
    We have plenty of great singers in our generation, but many of us keep listening to the same hum-drum bullsh*t… what about Chante Moore, Rachelle Farrell, Kelly Price? I mean…come on pa.

    Why in DC the black gay clubs are dwindling away, now its gay night at certain clubs, but with the large homosexual population in the DC metro area you can’t tell me there aren’t enough to have at least two clubs exclusively catering towards black gays every night of the week, yes the Delta is still around but that’s only Saturday, Fireplace and the Mill are bars so they don’t count.
    Nah… the Mill is the most underrated club in DC. Dance, get wasted and get knocked up while still in the anonymous and unassuming neighborhoods of SE.

    Since I am on my traveling shtick now, um…how can I carve time out to work out?
    You’re gay… PERIOD. There’s nothing to talk about. That’s like asking when you will find time to breathe. You’re gay, it’s the law… you MUST work out at least 5 days a week.

    How come all my friends have moved/ or moving away, is God trying to tell me sumthin?
    He’s tryin’ to tell you that you can capitalize on all the available trade they’re not snatching up by living here.

    Why is that Negroes can be the most ingenious folks when they are trying’ to pimp the system but act like they too lazy to work a job.
    They just are. Can really argue with you on that one. God love their tired asses.

    When am I going to be able to get my haircut?!?!?!?!?
    Start shaving your head.. this way, haircut scheduling is rendered unnecessary and you are in complete control of your do. Unless you have an ugly azz head…in that case, learn how to pick up the phone Friday night, so you’re first on the list for Saturdays…. On your way to the gym!

    Why have I been celibate for five months, and I’m not pressed to start back with anyone? Because you’re masturbating like someone put energizer batteries in your right arm… haven’t you noticed the dissimilarity of your arm size?! Let it go… nah, for real… let IT go!

    When was the last time you ever seen two Jamaican people together, romantically, in the US? The state department does not allow that kind of concentration of cheese and onion soup. It’s just a threat to homeland security.

    Why when you call and leave two messages on someone’s phone, why they got the nerve to hit you up online talking about they got your messages, and they going to hit you up? Just call damn, why you got to email me that you’re going to call? Okay, here’s the thing pa… we really don’t want to talk to you… I do this with a lot of folks. They call, and call and call and finally.. I text and say I will call…. Tonight. Enough said.

    Why are there like no black people in San Antonio?
    Too many pick-up trucks and not enough folks to stand-up to hate crimes.

    If God made dirt, so dirt won’t not hurt…then who made pain?
    God also made pain... so you would ask him to take it away, but remember how you felt about what you just did… comprende?

    Why now that I’m working out and put a photo of my back on facebook why am I all of a sudden getting friend requests…Negroes I tell ya…LOL
    Cuz you got a pretty back… I mean, on the real… I’d blow it out! LOL

    So I used to work out a Bally’s on L ST in the morning, and there were these guys I nicknamed the swole twins, why did I find out that the tall one is like 35 and gay? It goes without saying… the better the body, the better the chances they’re gay. …and the L Street Ballys is a modern day bathhouse. …just keepin’ it real pa.

    But why do I still have crush on the shorter of the two, and why am I hoping that one day we’ll meet up and he’ll like me? Cuz you’re feining… for crying out loud, you’ve been celibate – remember!

    Why am I so bad at flirting?
    Cuz you don’t flirt with yourself in the mirror. Do it and you’ll see what works and what makes you look and sound like a dork.

    Why 35 and up negroes are the ones who I’m most attracted to (with the except of the short swole twin)? Cuz we’re hot… we’ve got it together physically and mentally and our confidence is off the charts!

    Why people think I’m mean, quiet, lonely, or arrogant when I first meet them, but after 5-10 minutes they then think I’m nice, amiable, great personality and a comedian? I don’t know, but when you find out, let me know… cuz I get the same reaction.

    So why I have slacked off my on making my mix tape? You said it earlier pa… lazy negroes… LOL

    Why am I ready to be famous…better yet infamous?
    Cuz ain’t nothin’ like feelin’ nobody knows you and you didn’t mean something to someone.

    Hope this helps!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:44 AM  

  • a) John Legend, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, Rachelle Ferrell, Maxwell - Just to name a few.

    b) No Comment on DC Gay Clubs ('cause I'm in Cali)

    c) Hopefully you have a National Plan with your gym membership - If so, Look up a gym on the Internet

    d) Just because your friends move away doesn't mean they won't move back

    e) Hmmm ... 'cause we're the only ones who know how to get fired on our days off.

    f) Either shave your head or find a barber in each city you visit.

    g) I'll just call you Tweet as you look over to the LEFT - How does the saying go "When you don't have a man, you always have your hand!"

    h) I'm still lookin' ...

    i) Ummm I'm guilty of this. I'm really bad with calling folks back but I'll e-mail you in a heartbeat.

    j) Try Dallas or Houston!

    k) You have to take the good with the bad.

    l) I'm not going to lie - When I saw the picture of your back on your profile I stopped dead in my tracks. That picture of your back is something SERIOUS, but I'm sure you already knew that.

    m) Isn't that always the case?

    n) Happens to the best of us!

    o) We're all waiting ... Let us know how it goes.

    p) We're waiting on the mixtape - Time ain't forever!

    q) Your already famous, you just don't know it.

    By Blogger TheBlacks, at 4:09 AM  

  • 1. Legend & Scott... nuff said

    2. The entire 6 years I lived in DC I was disappointed with the gay night life... and it isn't getting any better at all.

    3. Stay at hotels that have nice gyms... like the Loews Philly, Hyatt La Jolla (or however you spell it) in San Diego

    DC is a great place to start off your career but the cost of living there makes it quite hard to buy a home or live in the city.

    You must be referring to them damn gubment workers

    I forsee clippers and a barber rubbing his stuff all on your arm in the future.

    2 messages... i would have stopped at one

    hmm hot and in the middle of texas... na i grew up in houston and can count the number times i been to san an

    Folks still work out at L Street???

    By Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home