Wise & Young

Thursday, October 27, 2005

20 questions

One my friends Honey-Libra asked me 20 questions and I'm responding:



Honey-Libra: 1. What is something you are afraid of?
I am afraid of birds…I hate them with a passion. That is my phobia, developed from childhood trauma.


Honey-Libra: 2. Something that you want to do before you die
I want to run in a marathon or a decathlon.


Honey-Libra: 3. What is your favorite movie?
Crooklyn I really like, then again I like a lot of movies that deal with NYC. This is my own idea of paradise.


Honey-Libra: 4. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
I see myself wearing khakis, with reading glasses, still in shape, reading in my parlor but constantly thinking about how I can be a better father to my three kids. Living in Mt. Vernon on the same block that Malcolm X’s home was burned.


Honey-Libra: 5. Is it better to have loved and lost or to have not loved at all?
I don’t know, I’ve never been in love or loved someone where there was romantic love there. Sad isn’t it?


Honey-Libra: 6. What is something you would never do...ever?
I won’t ever be President of the US; those who know me know its impossibility.


Honey-Libra: 7. Favorite time of the day
I really like those ten minutes before the birds chirp when the sun is trying to come out, and it only seems as if God & I are the only two awake.


Honey-Libra: 8. What are you most proud of about yourself?
I’m really proud that at in a crisis I get incredibly calm, and very focused. Due to how I grew up, reacting while in a crisis is a luxury I never had.


Honey-Libra: 9. What makes you cry?
What makes me cry is thinking about certain things that I’ve been through. Or the part in the movie Crooklyn when they have the Mom’s funeral.


Honey-Libra: 10. What is something you can't do?
I can’t sing well.


Honey-Libra: 11. If you were told you would die tomorrow at 9pm what is the first thing you would do when you woke up?
I would get on my knees and thank God for the last day that I can spend around those who truly love me.


Honey-Libra: 12. What attracts you to an individual?
I’m not going to lie, the first thing I notice is the physical. But what truly attracts me to someone is conversation, and laughter. You have to be able to laugh at yourself.


Honey-Libra: 13. Name one thing that you hate about dating.
I don’t like the lack of common decency in it. The not calling when you were supposed to and trying to “read in between the lines”.


Honey-Libra: 14. Is life really what you make it
Life I think is an amalgamation of the three following things: Circumstances beyond your control, your responses, and the outcome thereof.


Honey-Libra: 15. Who knows you best other than your mom
My little brother


Honey-Libra: 16. If you could choose another school to have gone to for undergrad where would it be and why
Man, if I would have applied myself in high school probably Vassar, but I did get a full four year ride to both Howard and Morehouse. I’m thinking Morehouse just to get away from where I grew up.


Honey-Libra: 17. Why do you like food so much (lol)
The reason that I cook so much is b/c its one of the few things that I know I can do well. So I do it, I’m not gifted in too many areas, and cooking provides enough of a challenge that even if I mess up I can still enjoy it! As far as eating, well b/c I can and not gain weight.


Honey-Libra: 18. Have you ever been in love so much it hurt
Never been in romantic love.


Honey-Libra: 19. When was the last time you had a good cry
It happened fairly recently a few months ago when I found out that someone I really love moved away, and I was really depressed, and felt abandoned again.


Honey-Libra: 20. Have you ever loved someone and never told them how you feel?
I don’t know about love, I don’t throw that word around too often at all. But have I showed someone that I like them, I think so. Generally, it’s not reciprocated by the other party.

2 Comments:

  • Hmm, I did a pretty good job on the questions didn't I. Good answers by the way. I like the favorite time of the day answer.

    By Blogger Ms.Honey, at 3:26 PM  

  • Question Number 1: I'm afraid of birds too...my friends make fun cuz whenever a bird come near me I flinch

    By Blogger Rese, at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home