Wise & Young

Sunday, October 09, 2005

The awakening

I think I'm a zombie. Not a zombie in the sense that I go after those who are living and trying to eat their life force, ah no. But I do feel sort of lifeless, going through life devoid of feeling, emotions, interest, just blah.... Let me explain this, there seems not to be too many things that I really like to do, or really enjoy. I mean I remember when I was younger, I had interest, and enjoyed myself alot more than I do now. I remember I use to be a little hustler, selling candy to local kids, investing in the stock market, music, playing the guitar, volunteering. Now I feel as if asll of this has gone to the way side and I'm sort of just here, existing, going to work, gym, reading, and not really doing anything that I like to do, not meeting any people, etc. I guess the best way to explain my state of existence is as a functional hermit. I go to work to pay the bills, gym to improve my body, and class to hopefully get a degree. Otherwise, like on the weekends I feel sort of aimless. I know a part of it is b/c I dont' have a car, and living where I live having a car is not mandatory but very close. So until I get a car my shit out of luck.

I tend not to allow things get in my way, but this time I guess b/c its not glaring problem I guess its harder to solve. I need to find things that excite me and things that I want to do, but I can't really think of anything. I talked to my mom, and she said that in order for me to "find people" I like , then I need to do things that I like and meet people via those avenues. Any suggestions out there... as long as its in the DC area and metro accessible let me know I'll try damn near anythign now.

3 Comments:

  • Bless your heart. I think you know what you want and what you want to do. You just have to get yourself out there do what you like. Besides you are in DC, there is more than enough to do or get involved in. I do feel you on the tip. Welcome to my world. I think you will be alright just find something that best suits you.

    By Blogger N4R, at 8:57 PM  

  • i know someone who lives in the dc area and has that same problem .. i think dc can be very isolating. im sure things will change -- it is just part of that process sometimes ... but i know it can be a frustrating part

    By Blogger Clay, at 9:56 AM  

  • most people who move to dc find themselves in the same space that you are now in...this town can be very clique-ish and when you don't come in knowing people or exactly where you want to make your niche it is frustrating and lonely...trust me i was once there...but i am no more for a number of reasons...ClayStarr@hotmail.com be in touch..i'm reaching out.

    By Blogger ClayStarr, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home