Wise & Young

Friday, September 23, 2005

When it rains it pours...

You know what’s funny is that when it rains it pours. Since March or April of this year I have been on maybe one date, that’s it, and for the longest time I have needed some attention from the brothas. Well, let me clarify, not necessarily sexual but a compliment, some light flirting, that kind of “I think you’re attractive and desirable” attention. For the longest time I didn’t know what it was that was impeding this from happening. I’ve been working out since last November and have gained a nice amount of weight (Fall 03 after I crossed I was 155 now, September 23, 2005 I weight 210) but its all muscle, plus I’m 6’3 so I’m no wear near fat, in fact I’m slender. I’m mentally and emotionally more mature, and in a better place than I was even a year ago.

But still nothing no bites nothing. When that Mike Jones' song came out I made my own rendition of the hook “When I was broke they all wanted me, now I’m hot they don’t want me.”
But that all changed July 16th, the only reason I remember that day was that my girl Hogg (she’s really pretty, and petite) went to H20 the night before and one of my frat brothers asked if I lead an alternative lifestyle…yea about that. But ironically that was the night that I invited over a frat brother who I had seen in about a year, since he was in the area and had nothing else to do, we chilled and hung out. Then that hanging out lead to us making out, hmm, don’t get. I’ll call him Well-Put. After that night Well-Put and I hung out a few more times, but then that quickly fizzled. This in all honestly, I’m not surprised that happened. Well-Put is someone who I’d really like to have in my life, very good person, much easier to talk to than previously but hey.

But the effects of my tryst were more long lasting, here was a brotha who is going to do great things in his life, intelligent, and attractive, and he was interested in me. I know it’s not good to attach your own self worth upon the reaction of others to you, but I used our interactions to realize that hey I’m not too bad after all. Since then I’ve made some changes with regards to how I interact with people, I’m a lot more cognizant of what I say and how I say it. Having the tendency to be concise is advantageous in some arenas but in others it’s a detriment. But now fast forward to September 23, 2005. I am not in the process of dealing with a triage on three different levels: Smile, PhD, and, Law-boi.

Smile I met at ATL pride, and was pretty much the only one bright spot of my whole trip. We’ve talked since then, at the gym, and I did something really out of character. I gave my number to him w/o him asking for it, I was like f’it if he wants to call he will if not he won’t. We’ve chilled and made out like once, it’ll be interesting to see where it goes from here.

PhD responded to my ad on a personals page, and we’ve started to talk via that means, we’ve met, hung out he’s sort of sheltered but really down to earth. He’s really intelligent, like Mensa smart. The only downfall is half of our conversations he says “hmm…explain” I’m like what the hell am I in class?!?!?!!

Law-boi, is a Cali boy, really smart as well, and he responded to my personal page, he looks good, takes care of himself, again he has had a pretty sheltered upbringing. I know he’s into me, but I don’t know if he’s as into b/c he’s lonely and he’s projecting his needs and desires, coupled with the fact that he’s homesick onto me, or if he’s really into me. Law-boi is in law school which I totally admire and respect, and he’s a studying somebody LAWD!

Well as you can see things are progressed, and all of these folks are cool people, so if it doesn’t workout I’m still happy that I had the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home